The Ken-Ton SEPTO was created to support and encourage Parents, Teachers and Students who have ties to Special Education within the Kenmore Tonawanda Union Free School District. We recognize the challenges you may have and want to offer our support.
1. An increase in students needing special education, coupled with the current economic climate, has created challenges for parents trying to access appropriate special education supports and services through their local public school district.
2. A collaborative group of parents and teachers working together in this student education/support group offers the opportunity for all involved in a child’s education to help one another and benefit from the experience and knowledge of parents and professionals who work with special needs children and their families.
3. As a parent, you play an important role in your child’s education. You were your child’s first teacher; you know your child the best and in many environments inside and outside the classroom and the home.
4. As a parent you are also the best advocate for your child. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) empowers parents to become educational advocates for their children. An educational advocate is a person who speaks knowledgeably for the educational needs of another person. The Ken-Ton SEPTO was created to support and encourage Parents, Teachers and Students who have ties to Special Education within the Kenmore-Tonawanda Union Free School District. Please refer to the district website for more information www.ktufsd.org
5. With the ever changing educational atmosphere pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic, SEPTO is here to support our most vulnerable students and help families with transition to the next phase of education.
A Message from our Director
As a Special Needs Parent I have been extremely fortunate to have a voice in my children’s education. With the development of the Ken-Ton SEPTO, it is my hope to help enable every family in Ken-Ton to have that same level of success and support with the educational needs of their children.
As parents we are our children’s best advocate - but we don’t always know where to start. Our organization is here to help every parent of Special Needs children in Ken-Ton by providing a set of resources that help them have a successful educational experience.
I look forward to meeting you and welcome your involvement in the Ken-Ton SEPTO!
Please see our Facebook Page for updated ZOOM meetings.
1016 Niagara Falls Blvd 14150
Ask a Parent!
Do you have a specific question about your child's Disability? We have a variety of parents to answer any questions you may have!
Ask a Teacher
Do you have questions for a Special Education teacher? We have teachers willing to answer those questions for you!